This tutorial describes how to create a bootable USB Disk / Stick for installing the Windows operating system on your machine with the Microsoft Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.
Here are the system requirements for this tool:
- Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit).
- A USB drive with enough space to hold an OS image.
1. Download the Microsoft Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool from http://wudt.codeplex.com/ (Its a 2MB file and it can hardly take 5 minutes).
2. Download the ISO of Windows (If you don't have a DVD).
2. Run the .exe file and install it on your system (It took five minutes for me to complete).
3. Open the tool from programs menu or start it with the desktop shortcut.
4. Click Browse and provide the path of your local drive where your ISO image is placed. Click Next.
5. You will have two options, Choose USB. Click Next.
6. Choose your USB from drop down and click Begin copying.
Be patient, this can take around 15 minutes. When the wizard completes, you can use your bootable USB.